Video Game and Tech Addiction Help
Spending a few hours a day playing video games is an activity that many people enjoy. When the time spent playing video games starts to become more important than the basic necessities of life such as work, eating, taking care of responsibilites including children and pets; the game playing is a much more serious problem. Of course, not all gamers find themselves fired from their jobs due to their gaming, there are signs that gaming is becoming a problem even before it gets so out of hand that lives can be endangered.
The signs include:
1. Spending all or most of your free time gaming
2. Preferring gaming to most other activities including seeing people in person
3. Becoming annoyed at anyone who interrupts your game playing even if it is to eat or get some rest.
4. Spending most of the time thinking about and planning game strategies
5. Spending more than 4 hours a day engaged in gaming
6. Becoming defensive when someone expresses concerns about how much time you spend gaming
If you recognize yourself in any of these descriptions, help is available. Please contact me by phone or e-mail for a free consultation. Below are some excellent articles/books to help you decide if Video Gaming has gone from hobby to addiction. Contact me today at 646 544-2154.